Pros and Cons of Zoom App
The Zoom app is a heavy hitter in the video-conferencing market. Zoom drives its competitive advantage in the market, leveraging its expertise in integrating easily accessible features to the app. However, the recent skyrocketing popularity has highlighted several loopholes in the working of the app.
The app has a myriad of advantage, and to list down some should include the following:
- Ease of accessibility, teleconferencing, and web conferencing
- High-quality video and audio
- Add up to 100 participants in a free plan and more in paid subscriptions.
- Screen sharing, Video recording and sharing, instant link sharing, and private and group chat box access.
- Ads-free navigation.
- Multiple hosts, hosts can mute participants and control who has access to the video panel.
- Create waiting rooms, record videos, and save chat
- Add virtual backgrounds
- Create more up to 50 breakout rooms for separate discussions
As Zoom gained popularity among the video-conferencing vendors, more loopholes started surfacing the application. Some of the most complained about drawbacks of the app include:
- No access to Chromebook
- Plugins often show incompatibility with iOS and Android platforms
- Bland user experience and primitive interface
- Video and Audio lag and outages
- Inadequate response from customer support
- Mobile application not as intuitive as the web application
- Screen sharing requires high-end computers but does not work so much with older versions.